We are here to sort out and review what is the best RV sewer hose support on the market. There are also a few simple questions about RV sewer hose supporters we wanted to clear up.
Here is the list of 3 of the best camper sewer hose supports (The reviews on each unit are below).
- Camco Sidewinder Sewer Hose Support
- Valterra 20-Foot Slunky Sewer Hose Support
- Camco Aluminum RV Sewer Hose Support
What Is an RV Sewer Hose Support?
An RV sewer supports are supporters that are designed to prop up and align RV sewer hoses while they drain.
The RV sewer hose support goes underneath the sewer hose, they have varying heights (tall to short) to provide a downward angle from your sewer connection to the dumping end.
Related: Honest RV Toilet Reviews
Do You Need An RV Sewer Hoses Support?
No, it is not NEEDED but it is practical, helpful, and convenient to the utility and longevity of your unit.
All the function mentioned above in the “What Is an RV Sewer Hose Support” section, ensure water and all the other waste keeps flowing instead of sitting stagnant.
Also, in this “best RV sewer hose” post, there are hoses with clear 90 degree elbows to provide more clarity if there is a problem with the waste transition.
What To Look For In An RV Sewer Hose Holder?
- Flexibility: Can it maneuver around corners, tight spaces, or uneven terrain.
- Length: Know your measurements; 15 to 20 Feet is common.
- Storage: Is it easily collapsible or has self-storage?
- Durability: Rust resistance, hard plastic, aluminum, grips the ground, can withstand all types of weather.
- Upkeep: Is it easy to clean? The product doesn’t rust and can be hosed down with ease.
- Usability: Can your Supporter be assembled and disassembled with ease.
- Price: How much are you willing to spend on the best RV sewer hose support
Best RV Sewer Hose Support Reviews
Camco Sidewinder Sewer Hose Support
Camco Sidewinder is made of heavy-duty plastic. You can be assured that the Sidewinder lifts your sewer hose off the ground without any problem.
Its material is sturdy yet lightweight and very portable. It is built to last and built for use during various travel conditions.
The Camco Sidewinder Sewer Hose Support comes with an easy-to-use plastic handle for storage. When you finish with it, just snap on the handle, and it keeps the entire support in place during travel.
The Camco elevates to 7.25 inches and then descends to 4 inches, so can set it up to meet your needs at almost any campsite, dum. Since it’s flexible, you can also wind it around obstacles as needed.
- Telescopes to 20-ft long
- Corrosion-resistant plastic
- Deep cradle
- Performance issues in uneven terrain
- Takes some practice and maneuvering to position correctly
Valterra 20-Foot Slunky Sewer Hose Support
The Valterra Slunky Sewer Hose Support is designed to easily fit around corners and/or obstacles and work well even on rocky and uneven ground.
This Slinky model is wider and deeper to be able to offer more stability and security to your sewer hose. It forms a gentle slope to assist in dumping your RV waste efficiently and effectively.
It has the perfect grip on the ground, whatever kind of terrain it may be. And, its metal hinges add extra strength and durability to this sewer hose support.
This sewer hose support also comes with self-fastening straps so that you can store them neatly and it won’t take up to make space in your rig.
Conveniently, this manufacturer provides this product in 10-foot, 15-foot, and 20-foot length models.
- Firm grip on the ground
- Generous width improves stability
- 25 percent wider than previous versions
- Thin plastic material
- Tie-down straps are flimsy
Camco Aluminum RV Sewer Hose Support
Last, but not least, on our best RV sewer support review list is the Camco Aluminum Sewer Support Hose.
This Aluminum RV sewer hose support gives excellent support for RVers who camp on rough terrain. It’s designed flawlessly and works on uneven ground and level surfaces.
It’s a lightweight, rust-resistant, and long-lasting high-grade aluminum frame, along with a strap kit to secure your sewer hose in place on the support while it dumps waste.
Setting it up, breaking it down, and storing it takes under sixty seconds or less.
- Tough aluminum frame
- Folds away for quick storage
- Telescopes from 6-inches to 6-ft long
- More Expensve than the Camco Sidewinder
- Limited length. You can get only about 7 to 8 feet per section if you extend them all the way.
Are RV Sewer Hose Supports Required in RV Parks?
Some campgrounds will require you to use support while others won’t care. We usually use one but put a loop in the hose, like a P trap, to keep anything (like sewer flies) from coming up from the sewer lines into the holding tank – Ned
RV Sewer Dumping Tips:
Related: Step-By-Step Dump Station How To Video Here
Be Safe Out There…
You can make yourself the best RV sewer hose support, have another DIY project on your hands but it just may not be worth the time or effort.
One of the best RV Sewer Hose supports above are all-around 40 bucks, which will be close to how much you’ll spend on good material.
You don’t want anything interrupting the flow of your waste going from the tank, sewer hose to the dumping location.